Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just heard of 'em: WU LYF.

Here's another idea for a new kind of post: Just heard of 'em.  Whenever I hear a band for the first time and really like them, I'll post it here.  Yep, here we go.

WU LYF (standing for World Unite Lucifer Youth Foundation and then eventually What Up/Loving Young Females) is a Manchester, UK band who make (like one of their songs suggests) heavy pop music.  I love the sound.  The whole thing is pretty confusing.  A bunch of these guys used to be in a band called Vagina Wolf (heh) but have since started this project up, moving some songs from the old project to this new one.  I've found most of their music pretty hard to find, which is killing me.  They've got some guitar parts that remind me of Weed Diamond and vocals that sort of remind me of old Modest Mouse.  Definitely one of the more unique things I've heard in awhile.  Here's some samples for you.  "I got them wu wu..." is my favorite so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment