Tuesday, May 3, 2011

White Fence and Strange Boys tour and other blog notes.

According to the Woodsist blog, White Fence will be joining Strange Boys on a small, mostly northeastern tour.  Good news for my fellow Pennsylvanians in saying that we get 2 dates, one in Allentown and one in Philly.  Here's the complete list of dates plus a few notable tracks from the bands:

06-17 Washington, DC - Comet Pizza %

06-18 New York, NY - Knitting Factory %

06-19 Rochester, NY - The Bug Jar %

06-21 Toronto, Ontatio - Wrong Bar %!

06-22 Montreal, Quebec - Il Motore %@

06-23 Boston, MA - Church of Boston %

06-24 New York, NY - 92YTribeca %

06-25 Philadelphia, PA - Kung Fu Necktie %

06-26 Allentown, PA - Good Weekend %

06-28 Cleveland, OH - Beachland Ballroom %

06-29 Detroit, MI - Lager House %

06-30 Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle %

07-30-31 Big Sur, CA - Woodsist Festival



% with Strange Boys

! with JEFF the Brotherhood

@ with Sic Alps, Purling Hiss
 
That Montreal date is stacked! White Fence, Strange Boys, Sic Alps, and Purling Hiss? Lucky.
 

 

 

So my senior thesis is over and most of my essays are handed in which means I'll start posting a little more regularly again/have time to actually listen to sounds that aren't my alarm clock.  Soon enough I'll post a PDF of the How to Paint Sunlight magazine for y'all to see (a few typos were discovered that I'd like to fix up before unleashing it to the interweb).  It's been a little harder to track down the individual MP3s for the songs on the Summer Music Playlist than I thought, so pretty soon I'll probably post the abridged version that was playing around my magazine display and post a longer one at a later time.

Considering how well the first playlist played out, I'm considering doing it as maybe a monthly thing.  If any of y'all are interested, post a comment saying so and maybe we'll put another one together.

No comments:

Post a Comment