Thursday, April 12, 2012

Oh May God

Hey all.

So here's some shit for you, if you live, are going to be in, or can make it to Philly for the month of May, I've just started realizing how sick a month it's going to be for live music.  Here's a couple I'm psyched for.


5/2 - Acid Mother's Temple @ Johnny Brendas - I've yet to go to an Acid Mother's show, but I hear their shows are a wild spectacle.  The Japanese psychedelic scene is stronger than some might know.




5/4 - Woods and MMOSS @ Johnny Brendas- If you've read this blog, I don't know, ever, you'll know that I'm an unapologetic in my support for most things Woodsist.  The label has carved out it's own little niche, quietly churning out critically acclaimed albums year after year.  It all starts with Woods bringing the folk-psych-jam to JBs.  



5/6 - Future Islands @ The Church- I totally jumped on the Future Islands train way late, but better late than never.  Should prove to be a fun night.



5/10 - Daniel Johnston @ Union Transfer- This came right out of the blue for me!  I didn't even know Johnston still toured but alas the troubled legend comes to Union Transfer.  If you don't know him, prepare to be shocked by the sheer amount of influence this guy had on music's biggest icons of the past 20 years.



5/14 - MV & EE @ Level Room - Another Woodsist group bringing more Woodsist-ish folk music.



5/18 - Ty Segal and White Fence @ Johnny Brendas - This one I'm super psyched for.  Ty Segal has been one of my favorites for the past 4 years or so.  Coming off of a pretty successful album in Goodbye Bread, Segal comes to JBs with yet another impressive Woodsist band.  White Fence and Segal recently recorded a collaborative album, so there's totally opportunity to see both on stage.  Should be fuzzed out, raw power goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment