Tuesday, October 5, 2010

XX // WARPAINT // ZOLA JESUS

So,

Since I started this internship with City Paper, they told me that if I was willing to write some show reviews, they would send me to shows for free. So just as a sort of shot in the dark I pitched the idea of going to the XX show at the Merriem Theater on Broad. Not only did they give me a ticket, they gave me 2 tickets worth something like $30 each and a photo pass. They didn't know it was my birthday that day, but I'm gonna pretend they did and that they love me very much.

Me and a buddy of mine went and after being sorta hassled by the guy at the ticket window, the staff really gave us the oh-my-you-might-be-important treatment, or if not that they at least didn't look at me like I was gonna steal anything. Sweet seats, free tickets, and security just nodding while I ran around taking pictures. By the way, again, these photos are mine so don't take or use them without asking. Here's a few:


Zola Jesus





Warpaint




The XX




(Tina took this one)

For a review of the show, go to Citypaper.net later this week. I might do an extended one here too.

1 comment: