Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shows shows shows...

I've been taking a long hard look at the show calendar that I'm building and man, am I psyched. Here's a list of the upcoming shows in the area that I think are noteworthy. If time allows, I'll try to hit every one. Here we go!

2/18 - Free Energy @ First Unitarian Church - Should be really fun.

2/24 - Beach House @ The Troc - sold out, but perhaps I can get myself on the guest list.

3/4 - Tennis, La Sera @ Johnny Brendas - really psyched about this one. Really really wanna go.

3/5 - Dum Dum Girls @Johnny Brendas - loooooooove these girls. I Will Be is on constant repeat.

3/19 - Godspeed You! Black Emporer @ The Troc - This one's a reach. Every music reviewer in the city is going to be trying to get in on this one. Gotta be forceful with that pitch. This thing sold out in about 10 minutes. Here's to hoping!

3/31 - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart @ The Church - Solid pop band should make for a pleasant evening.

4/4 - Destroyer, War on Drugs @ The Chuch - Solid lineup. Destroyer, I think, is one of the most underrated artists around right now. War on Drugs = another new and sick Philly band.

4/5 - Black Angels @ The Church - Saw them for the first time when I was 16. Drove into the city for the first time myself. Haven't seen em since, but always wanted to.

4/12 - Toro Y Moi @ The Church - Good.

4/13 - Acid Mother's Temple @ The Church - I've always heard so much about these shows, how it's one of the most wacky show experiences ever.

4/25 - Zola Jesus @ Johnny Brenda's - I saw her open for the xx back in October and I was completely blown away. I knew she was good, but she was incredible. Seeing her in a more intimate setting should be very, very intense. I would NOT miss this one.

4/28 - Titus Andronicus @ The Church - One of my favorite shows of all last year. Tons of energy, tons of pure, fun, "Springsteen" punk. The Monitor was for sure one of my favorite albums last year, and after hearing a lot about how they suck live I was really nervous. They were, for sure, one of the best acts at Primavera Fest in Barcelona.

Well I'll keep it at that for now. If anyone wants to come, get at me!

1 comment:

  1. I'll talk to you about this. more, later -

    too bad about beach house, godspeed.
    heard of the pains, maybe yes maybe goes for destroyer, war on drugs

    black angels
    zola jesus


    i already have my calendar marked.
    whaddaya think about that.

    ReplyDelete