Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Ganglians, "Drop the Act".


Here's a band I haven't listened to in awhile: Ganglians.  They're a west coast psych rock band that has ties with the Woodsist label.  They put on a pretty good live act as I've seen them play in 3 different countries over the years.  Not only that, they're totally approachable dudes.  When I saw them play in Philly years back I sat outside with Ryan Grubbs and chatted with him for quite awhile.  I was completely unaware they were coming out with something new until today, and I gotta say it's a real pleasant surprise.  The new song here, "Drop the Act", is off their upcoming 4th album, Still Living (as if to chastise me for not listening to them more recently) which is due out on the 22nd of this month.

I'm digging this one.  It sounds like the Ganglians I fell in love with years ago (strange sentence), but with the freshness of tighter songwriting and recording equipment.  I'm highly reccomending this.  Right click the link and press "Save Target As" to download the MP3:

Ganglians - Drop the Act

No comments:

Post a Comment