Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Jamie xx, "Structures".

I was a little late to the Jamie xx party, but better late than never.  One of the integral members of the xx, Jamie, has been steadily putting out incredible electronic tracks that have the same simple tenderness of the xx but also allow Jamie to flex his song engineering muscles.  I was a little late to the xx party in general a few years back, but when the track "Far Nearer" was released I vowed to never sleep on any member of the xx.  Ever. Again.

So here we are, with a new little sample of a project that I sort of understand.  I'll give a shot in trying to explain it.  There's a visual artist that goes by the moniker Quayola, who apparently makes some nifty computer generated things.  Jamie and Quayola recently teamed up as part of a project put together by RizLab.  The entire project itself is described as a live audiovisual event/collaboration between the two, in which Jamie's music and Quayola's visuals intermingle.  The video here is a trailer for the upcoming event.  I'll keep you posted when I know more.  For now, here's the trailer:


Jamie xx + Quayola - "Structures" from disco naïveté on Vimeo.


Sounds pretty good to me.  Stuff like this leaves me hungry for some sort of album or something.  Or, dare I say, a second xx album...

No comments:

Post a Comment